Abs are made in the kitchen and muscles are build in the bedroom some people say. For me breakfast is the most important meal from the whole day as no matter what dinner I had the previous evening, I am always very hungry in the morning. To be honest I don’t understand people who don’t breakfast. How can they?
I try to switch regularly what I eat for breakfast but this yogurt with oat flakes, chia seeds and tons of other stuff is my favorite. It is easy, has thousands of variations and cooks itself over night. Ideal, isn’t it? So what you gonna need is:
- Empty jar with cover
- 2-3 tbl spoons of milk
- White yogurt
- 2-3 tbl spoons of oat flakes (or oat, rye, spelt…)
- 1/2 tbl spoon of seeds chia and hemp seeds (or sesame, linseed…)
- Dried fruits & nuts – I used goji berries, pine nuts, dried cranberries, cut cashew nuts and hazelnuts
- Fresh fruits – I didn’t use this time but especially in summer I use it a lots
- Optional: Sweetener – mostly I don’t add any but if I do, I like dates syrup
So! At first, take the empty jar and put the milk in it. Add flakes and chia seeds, cover the jar and shake well.
When mixed properly, add the dried fruits, nuts and the rest of the seeds you want to use. Cover the jar and shake again.
The last ingredients are yogurt and sweetener if you want. So put them to the jar and guess what…cover it and shake again 😉
And that’s it! Almost. Now you need to put it to the fridge and leave it there till the morning. It’s supposed to look like this:
Then go to bed to make your muscles (means while sleeping ;)) and when you wake up in the morning, your breakfast is already prepared. Enjoy!